2017 Honda CBR300R
Stock Image: Standard Model Shown
Honda’s CBR300R is proof that fun comes in all sizes. This bike delivers a giant dose of it - way out of proportion to its engine size. Whether this is your first bike or you have a garage full of them, the CBR300R is a blast to ride. Its single-cylinder engine provides a wide torque spread that performs well in-town or on the freeway, and offers excellent fuel efficiency. Plus, its narrow single-cylinder engine makes it easier to sit on the bike and get your feet on the ground at stops. But the CBR300R really comes alive on twisty roads, where its light weight and nimble handling chew up the curves.
Race-Winning Heritage: With an unprecedented, unmatched 700 total MotoGP victories, Honda’s winning heritage stands far above any other manufacturer. Our superior engineering and technology put our GP bikes in the winners’ circle and give you the performance you need for the street.
Designed to be Nimble: Because it’s a single-cylinder machine, the CBR300R is narrow, with a low 30.7-inch seat height and light 357-pound curb weight. Need a lower seat? Just check out our Honda Genuine Accessories—we’ll get you hooked up.
Singular Sensation: When it comes to mid-range power and torque, the CBR300R delivers. It’s all made possible by our single-cylinder engine with fuel injection, double-overhead cams and a counterbalance - a true testament to Honda’s superior engineering.
Stop With Confidence: For more confident braking in less than ideal conditions, Honda’s Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) is included on the CBR300R ABS model.
- Disc Brakes: The CBR300R features a 296mm front and 220mm rear hydraulic disc for excellent stopping power and brake feel.
- Under-Seat Storage: Removing the rear passenger seat provides a lockable area to throw a map, gloves or a spare set of sunglasses.
- Passenger Ready: A separate passenger seat, integrated grab rail and standard passenger footpegs mean you can take a friend along when you go riding—another example of the CBR300R's versatility.
- Narrow Seat & Low Seat Height: A low 30.7-inch seat height does more than help make sure the CBR300R fits a wide range of riders. It makes it easier to put your feet down at stoplights and in parking lots—a big confidence builder.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR300R uses a single-shock preload-adjustable rear suspension that not only gives you a smooth ride but helps enhance handling as well, like some of our larger sport models.
- Counterbalance Shaft: Because it features a counterbalancer, the CBR300R engine is a smooth runner. You get the narrow overall width and power advantages of a single along with the smoothness of a multi-cylinder bike.
- Single-Cylinder Engine: A single is the perfect choice for a bike like the CBR300R. It's light, simple, fuel efficient and features a broad powerband with plenty of low-revving torque—just what you want in your first motorcycle, but geared for comfortable cruising at highway speeds.
- Fuel Injection: Fuel injection means the CBR300R starts right up, even in cold weather. Compared to a carbureted bike, it also helps reduce emissions and enhance performance and fuel efficiency.
- Supersport Styling: The CBR300R features full-cowl Supersport styling and dual headlights, increasing aero efficiency and carrying the styling cues from our CBR-RR series.
- Anti-Lock Braking System: Our ABS—available on the CBR300R—can be a big help in making controlled stops in less-than-ideal conditions, like on wet pavement or when there’s sand or other debris on the road. It’s the perfect choice whether you’re using your new bike as a commuter or just riding it for fun, since it helps you stop with added confidence.
- Analog/Digital Instrumentation: The CBR300R’s digital gauges with analog tachometer provide vital riding information in a styled, hi-tech instrumentation package featuring digital speedometer, fuel gauge, coolant temp, tripmeter/odometer and clock.
- Engine Type: 286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 76 mm x 63 mm
- Induction: PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Front Suspension: 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc with ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 220 mm disc with ABS
- Front Tire: 110/70-17
- Rear Tire: 140/70-17
- Rake: 25.30 deg.
- Trail: 98 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 364 lb. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 71 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: CBR300RA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red/Black
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 63 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-Fi, 38 mm throttle body
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 37 mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc with ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.30 deg.
- 98 mm (3.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.4 gal.
- 71 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 364 lb.