2017 Honda CRF 250L Rally
Bikes Built To Do It All. And To Have Fun Doing It.
We think motorcycles should be about getting out and enjoying the world around you. The sun, the smells, the wind, the weather. More reality and less virtual. And you know what’s even better? If you could find one bike that could do it all. Let you go exploring in the dirt. Zip along mountain roads. Commute to work every day. And even save you some money at the gas pump. Well, guess what—the CRF250L and new CRF250L Rally are going to be the perfect bikes for all those things.
First, the CRF250L: We’ve given it some great new updates for 2017. Some highlights: A larger throttle body improves the feel of the bike’s low- and mid-range power, as does the new muffler design, revised airbox, and larger diameter exhaust header. And check out its new graphic treatment, matched up to our CRF450R MX bike. The all-new CRF250L Rally gets the same updated engine as the standard 250L, but it also gets a larger fuel tank, totally new Dakar-style bodywork, handguards, a windscreen, skid plate and even more suspension travel. And both give you a great upright seating position that’s comfortable for longer rides, ideal for both urban traffic or out on the trail. They’re even available with optional ABS.
Packs a punch: At the heart of our CRF250L and CRF250L Rally lies a fuel-injected single-cylinder engine, complete with an electric starter, counterbalance, and double-overhead cams. So you get smooth, consistent power packing loads of low- and mid-range torque.
Comfort is key: Out on the trail, you want a bike that allows for upright seating, keeping you ready for whatever lies around the next bend. And you’ll find those same qualities come in handy when riding in traffic. Either way, you can maneuver varying terrain in comfort.
Rally-Bike Styling: The tall windscreen, the extra-coverage fairing and side panels, the blended, frame-mounted bodywork and twin headlights are all marks of a true rally machine. The new 2017 CRF250L Rally looks great, but you’ll appreciate the extra wind- and weather protection too.
- Fuel Injection: Fuel injection means the CRF250L models start right up, even in cold weather. Compared to a carbureted bike, it also helps reduce emissions and enhance performance and fuel efficiency. And for 2017, a larger throttle body improves response and power.
- Engine Counterbalancer: Because it features a counterbalancer, the engine is a smooth runner. You get the narrow overall width and power advantages of a single along with the smoothness of a multi-cylinder bike.
- Single-Cylinder Engine: A single is the perfect choice for a bike like the CRF250L and CRF250L Rally. It's light, simple, returns excellent fuel economy, and features a broad powerband with plenty of low-revving torque—just what you want in this type of a motorcycle.
- Disc Brakes: The CRF250L models feature front and rear hydraulic discs for excellent stopping power and brake feel, both for on-road and off-road use.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: Thanks to our single-shock Pro-Link rear suspension, the CRF250L models deliver excellent comfort, traction and handling, while also improving rider confidence. The Rally’s suspension front and rear offers more travel and greater ground clearance.
- Comfortable Seating Position: With a long, motocross-style seat, you can move forward and back, left and right with ease, helping you navigate changing terrain in comfort.
- Cargo Convenience: Special cargo hooks make it easy to secure a light load to the passenger seat with bungee cords. It's just another one of the nice touches that help make these bikes so versatile. It also has a storage box on the left side for small items you need to keep secure.
- Passenger Ready: With its long seat and fold-up frame-mounted passenger footpegs, the CRF250L models are fully equipped to carry a passenger so you can share the fun.
- Digital Instrumentation: The CRF250L's digital instrument cluster is new for 2017. Integrated with the headlight visor, it gives you all the information you need: Speedometer, clock, twin tripmeter, fuel gauge, and more. The CRF250L Rally’s digital instrument cluster tucks in behind the rally-style windscreen, just like the big Dakar bikes.
- Inverted Fork: An inverted Showa fork features large 43mm sliders. That makes it strong and helps add to the CRF250L model's excellent handling in on or off-road conditions.
- Strong Steel Frame: A sturdy steel frame is strong and designed to survive in the real world of rough pavement or off-road trails.
- 21-inch/18-inch Front and Rear Wheels: A 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheel give you a wide selection of tire choices for everything from serious off-road trail riding to smooth on-road adventures.
- Rally-Bike Styling: The tall windscreen, the extra-coverage fairing and sidepanels, the blended, frame-mounted bodywork are all marks of a true rally machine. The new 2017 CRF250L Rally looks great, but you’ll appreciate the extra wind- and weather protection too.
- Engine Type: 249.6cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 76 mm x 55 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI, 38 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7
- Valve Train: DOHC; four-valve
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #520 chain; 14T/40T
- Front Suspension: 43 mm inverted fork; TBD in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with spring; 10.3 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire: 3.00-21
- Rear Tire: 120/80-18
- Rake: 28 deg. 10 min. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 114 mm (4.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: 57.3 in.
- Seat Height: 35.2 in.
- Curb Weight: 341.7 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.7 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: TBD
- Ground Clearance: 10.0 in.
- Available Colors: Black/Red/White
- Model ID: CRF250LRH
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 55 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI, 38 mm throttle body
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- #520 chain; 14T/40T
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm inverted fork
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with spring; 10.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 57.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 35.2 in.
- 28 deg. 10 min.
- 114 mm (4.5 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.7 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 341.7 lb.
- One Year transferable, unlimited mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.