2018 Honda NC750XJ
Stock Image: Chromosphere Red
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Motorcycling MVP: Most Versatile Player.
The new 2018 NC750X is a perfect example of what Honda has always done best: Use technology and a fresh way of thinking to break out of the box and make machines that are class-defying solutions to the way we really ride. On weekdays, the NC750X is an awesome commuter. On weekends, it lets you explore in the country. Want to carve up some twisty canyon roads? The twistier the better.
And now the NC750X (formerly NC700X) is better than ever. The engine gets boosted to 745cc, so you get even more power and torque, along with Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC). The parallel-twin design delivers that power in an intuitive, easy-to-use way. A more comfortable seat makes it even more rider friendly. Plus, there’s the NC750X’s class leading innovations, like its integral storage and available Honda Automatic DCT transmission—a match made in heaven for a machine like this.
We’re all looking for one thing that does it all. Most of the time that means compromise. Not with a Honda NC750X. What you get here is the best of all worlds, a unique machine that makes riding both extremely convenient and tons of fun.
745cc of Liquid-Cooled Possibilities: The NC750X’s 745cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine produces enough torque and enough power to guzzle up adventure. But it can sip, too—both the standard and DCT transmission versions provide stellar fuel efficiency.
Take In the View: The NC750X has a large windscreen that makes the cockpit comfortable over a wide range of speeds. And in the upright seating position you have a great view in traffic, making this bike even more appealing.
Integrated Storage Compartment: The NC750X offers an integrated storage compartment holding a full 22 liters. It features a storage hook and a utility rail because we all ride with more than just a cell phone and a credit card.
- 745cc Parallel-Twin Engine: With its cylinders tipped 62° forward for lower center of gravity, the NC750X's engine is a big step forward in modern powerplant design. The two-cylinder format produces tons of low- and mid-range torque, and the 270°-phase crank and uniaxial primary balancer make it smooth, too.
- Integrated Storage Compartment: The NC750X offers a 22-liter utility compartment that’s big enough to hold most full-face helmets and then some. Safe, secure and convenient, you'll use it every time you ride.
- Steel Truss Frame: Light, strong and with just the right amount of stiffness, the NC750X's rigid and compact chassis is the foundation for precise handling.
- Pro-Link HMAS Rear Suspension: Offering 5.9 inches of rear-wheel travel and teamed with a Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) rear shock, the NC750X eats up the gnarliest pavement while giving you a smooth ride.
- 41mm Fork: With 5.4 inches of travel, the NC750X strikes a perfect balance between a long-distance and a short-hop street machine. This gives it a wide range of capability, good handling and helps inspire confidence.
- Cast Aluminum 17-Inch Wheels: The 17-inch wheels give you a wide choice of premium tires to choose from and really help the NC750X offer responsive handling in turns. The cast wheels are light and strong too.
- Disc Brakes with Available Combined ABS: Single front and rear disc brakes give the NC750X great stopping power. The DCT model comes with ABS brakes that are linked rear-to-front for added stopping power, even under challenging conditions.
- Low-Profile Windscreen: The NC750X offers just the right amount of bodywork—enough to offer good wind protection, but not so much that the bike feels heavy or wide.
- LCD Instrument Panel: Full digital LCD instrumentation includes digital speedometer, digital bar-type tachometer, clock, low-fuel gauge and two trip meters. Plus, the tach bar graph changes color according to fuel consumption, RPM, gear position and more.
- Electronic Fuel Injection: Carbureted engines can be fussy when it comes to feeding them fuel. Not the NC750X. Electronic Fuel Injection means easy start-ups on cold mornings and flawless running even at high elevations.
- Optional Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT): Shift with the push of a button, or select the NC750X's automatic mode and the bike will shift itself. The NC750X’s automatic DCT offers three riding modes as well, depending on the kind of performance you want. DCT has been a huge hit on our other models, and once you ride an NC750X with DCT, you'll see why.
- Under-Seat Fuel Tank: The 3.7-gallon under-seat fuel tank centralizes mass and enhances overall handling. Locating the tank and filler underneath the passenger seat allows for innovative centralized storage between the front of the seat and the handlebar.
- Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC): New for 2018, the NC750X gets Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC). You can choose a level which allows some rear-wheel spin—on gravel or dirt for instance—or pick a second level which reduces wheel spin, particularly on slippery roads. It’s a great feature that helps make the NC750X even more versatile.
- Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled four-stroke 55º parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 77 mm x 80 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Ignition: Full transistorized ignition
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six speed automatic DCT
- Final Drive: 16T/43T; chain
- Clutch: 2 multiplate wet
- Front Suspension: 41 mm Showa Dual Bending Valve telescopic fork; 5.4 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® w/ single shock; 5.9 in. travel
- Front Brake: Two 320 mm discs w/ hydraulic calipers; 2-channel ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 240 mm disc w/ hydraulic caliper; 2-channel ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 160/60ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 27.0 deg.
- Trail: 110.0 mm (4.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 60.4 in.
- Seat Height: 32.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 505 lb. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: TBD MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: NC750XD
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Chromosphere Red
- One Year: Transferable, Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke 55 deg. parallel-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 77 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Full transistorized ignition
- Six speed automatic DCT
- Final Drive
- 16T/43T; chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm Showa Dual Bending Valve telescopic fork; 5.4 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® w/ single shock; 5.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Two 320 mm discs w/ hydraulic calipers; 2-channel ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc w/ hydraulic caliper; 2-channel ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 160/60ZR-17 radial
- 60.4 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.7 in.
- 27.0 deg.
- 110.0 mm (4.3 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 505 lb.
- Chromosphere Red
- One Year Transferable, Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.